Attorney James O'Rourke has been dedicated to serving the Portland community since 1978, ensuring exceptional personal service with integrity, and providing peace of mind through genuine representation and optimal results.
For over four decades, Portland attorney James F. O’Rourke, Jr. has served thousands of people in criminal, DUII and personal injury cases. Having over 40 years of experience makes a difference in getting results for clients. The difference comes from knowing how to get things done and from having an established reputation and professional relationships with his opponents and the Courts. It comes from knowing what works to get good results.
As needed, Attorney O’Rourke uses an extensive network of top experts and professionals from various disciplines to provide effective representation for his many clients.
James O’Rourke is your go-to expert if you're facing investigation or arrest for a crime, or if you've sustained injuries due to another's negligence. If you're under investigation, learn how to Assert Your Rights And Protect Yourself, and reach out to us and ask about pre-charge representation.
Feeling overwhelmed and unsure how to navigate your situation? Worried your case won't receive the attention it deserves?
“I truly believe that honesty and compassion are what set him apart and make him the best…” - Former Client
Our mission is:
To give clients the peace of mind that comes from feeling truly represented by professionals who know what they are doing and who care about getting the best results possible for each of their clients.
To defend and assert our client’s rights while guiding them step by step through legal proceedings.
To provide excellent personalized service with integrity.
What does personalized service with integrity mean for you?
- We listen to your concerns, answer your questions promptly, and give you the time and attention you need.
- We work with you to create a personalized case plan to achieve the realistic goals we set with you for the outcome of your case.
- We help you do each thing we need you to do to make your personalized case plan work.
- We help you turn negatives into positives so that you can overcome obstacles and move ahead with your life.
- We provide discrete representation for clients who want to avoid or manage publicity.
- We are there for you when it matters and take emergency calls 24 hours a day.
Please call us and find out for yourself how we deliver personalized professional service with integrity.
Call (503) 506-2836 or get in touch online.
See what our former clients have to say in testimonials about the service we provide and the results we achieve with our personalized case plans.
My favorite thing about Mr. O’Rourke was that he wasn’t going to back down to anyone, and he never wavered in his mission to do what was best for me.- Former Client*To read the full review, please visit our reviews page
Jim really cares about our son’s welfare and well being. He has given hope and encouragement to my husband and myself when we were overwhelmed by everything.- A Mother and Father*To read the full review, please visit our reviews page
It is so uplifting to work with an attorney who really cares about his client’s well-being the way Jim does. Once we felt so helpless, now we have hope because we have Jim O’Rourke on our side.- S & T*To read the full review, please visit our reviews page
Mr. O’Rourke does not “sugar coat” anything, yet still shows a great amount of compassion and empathy. I truly believe that honesty and compassion are what set him apart and make him the best.- Jennifer A.*To read the full review, please visit our reviews page
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Bicycle Accidents
- Sex Crimes
- Car Accidents
- DUI Defense
- Drunk Drivers Causing Injuries
- Drug Charges
- Drivers Charged With Crimes Resulting In Death
- Domestic Violence
- Dram Shop Cases
- Drug Delivery Offenses
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Drug Manufacturing Offenses
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Drug Possession Offenses
- Premises Liability
- Gun Rights
- Identity Theft
- Major Traffic Offenses
- Probation Violations
- Reduce Felony to Misdemeanor
- Sobriety-Related Cases
- Theft & Property Crimes
- Measure 11 Crimes
WE KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU
We Know How to Help You in Criminal and DUII Cases:
- We know how to represent clients before and after charges are filed.
- We know how to clear arrest warrants.
- We know how to get clients released from custody and set or change release conditions to allow them to travel, take care of their families and work.
- We know how to defend our client’s rights and freedoms while maintaining their dignity.
- We know how to work with families, employers, and professional licensing boards.
- We know how to help clients protect and regain their rights after conviction at hearings on probation violations, changing probation conditions, early termination of probation, reduction of felonies to misdemeanors, expungements, and executive clemency (Governor’s pardon) proceedings and resentencing under Senate Bill 819.
- We know how to help clients with DUII Diversion entry, fulfilling Diversion requirements, DUII Diversion revocation hearings, negotiations, sentencings, trials, and restoration of driving privileges.
We Know What Works:
- We use the same proven methods to fight for our clients in criminal and DUII cases.
- We Attack the State’s ability to prove its case before and at trial.
- We Negotiate for dismissal including through civil compromise or for deals that are too good to turn down.
- We Mitigate (lessen) the consequences of a conviction through negotiations and contested sentencing hearings.
- We help you Turn Negatives Into Positives by creating persuasive evidence that you should receive lenient/merciful treatment by the prosecution and the Court.
To learn more about our methods please see our Criminal Defense Page.
We Know How to Help You in Serious Personal Injury Cases:
- We protect and assert your rights while you recover from your injuries.
- We make a personalized plan for taking care of your immediate needs, advocating your claim, and maximizing your recovery.
- We work with the insurance companies to make sure that your medical bills and wage loss are paid while you heal.
- We investigate your claim to gather, review and preserve the evidence that proves the other party is at fault.
- We work with your health care providers to develop proper records to document your injuries and treatment to support your claim.
- Negotiate a fair settlement for your case.
- Take your case to trial if the responsible insurance company is unwilling to pay a fair settlement.
Compassionate & Effective RepresentationWe provide effective and compassionate defense, ensuring clients feel supported while vigorously protecting their rights.
Over 40 Years of ExperienceWith four decades in the legal field, Attorney O'Rourke brings a deep understanding of the system, assuring clients of a seasoned advocate by their side.
Complimentary, Confidential ConsultationsWe offer free consultations, allowing you to discuss your case without any financial commitment.
We Work as a Team for YouWe use three methods to fight the prosecution and win — attack, negotiation, and mitigation — focusing our time and resources where they are most productive in achieving our goals.
Experienced & Personalized Legal Care
Benefit from personalized legal strategies tailored to your unique needs.
Local Attorney with Decades of Experience
Since 1978, Attorney O’Rourke has represented people throughout Oregon. He is a seasoned advocate whom many have trusted for a wide range of legal matters. His experiences with alcoholism and addiction guide his approach to criminal defense specifically. Knowing the root cause of many crimes is substance abuse, he endeavors to not only represent clients but also assist in their fight to achieve sobriety. Visit Attorney O’Rourke’s bio page to learn more about his experiences and approach to law practice.
If you want to speak with our Portland lawyer about your situation, set up a free consultation.
Call (503) 506-2836 or send a message online.